Scenic Rim 1.5
DEPARTS Sedona, AZ
A Rugged Introduction to Sedona’s Backcountry
- Enjoy an adventurous ride on rocky, rugged trails with steep cliffs and hairpin turns
- Discover Schnebly Hill Road, one of the most scenic drives in Arizona
- Take in some of the most spectacular views Sedona’s backcountry has to offer
- Enjoy plenty of photo ops with red-rock formations and beautiful sandstone cliffs
- Learn about the history of Arizona’s original wagon trails from your guide
- Have an unforgettable rugged adventure with canyons, washes, cliffs and high-desert trails
As the perfect introduction to Sedona’s red rock trails, the Scenic Rim Tour is 90 minutes of winding, unpaved and bumpy back roads. Hold on tight during this adventurous journey. Pink Jeep® Tours will give you a ride to remember in one of the most incredible settings on Earth.
Your Certified Interpretive Guide will greet you at the Pink Jeep® Tour Plaza before inviting you to hop into a custom-built, open-air Pink Jeep® Wrangler. Head up Schnebly Hill Road to marvel at its towering red-rock formations and picture-postcard views.
Hairpin turns, steep cliffs and blind curves await as your Jeep® Wrangle climbs elevation along a rugged dirt road through canyons and washes. You’ll also see Munds Wagon Trail, a main “highway” between Sedona and Flagstaff that was completed in 1902. It was one of the state’s first and most popular cattle trails. The Mogollon Rim rises above you, while the city of Sedona sits below.
Photo ops are plentiful on this tour, with many chances to use Arizona’s most stunning scenery as your backdrop. You'll stop at the famous Cow Pies, a series of multi-level, circular sandstone mounds located in the middle of Bear Wallow Canyon. From the edge of the enormous slick rock waves are world-class views of the canyon below.
If you’re short on time but ready to take on Sedona’s rugged backcountry and see some of the Southwest’s most spectacular views, the introductory Scenic Rim Tour is right for you.
Know Before You Go
- Children under 5 are not permitted on this tour
- Rugged 4X4 adventure tour traversing rocks, ruts and roots
- Unmaintained primitive dirt road; very bumpy and bouncy
- Not recommended for pregnant guests or those who have a fear of heights
- Not recommended for guests who prefer a mild experience
- Guests with limited mobility can stay in the vehicle at stops and still enjoy excellent views
VIDEO & PHOTO GALLERY
Following are real guest reviews, voluntarily submitted and unedited.
There are so many tours and it is hard to pick which one. I know it tells you if the tour is rugged or mild but it would be nice to see pictures from each tour and what you would see on one that you wouldn’t see on another etc…
We enjoyed the commentary and knowledge that Bill has. The bumpy ride was fun and not unbearable.
Exciting and beautiful
It was GREAT
The microphone was broken in the Jeep
Renee Elfman was incredible! She was so much fun. Our tour ended up being an all girls jeep (3 different groups of girls, who didn't know eachother) and we had the most incredible time with her!!
We received a call when we were close to arriving in Sedona from Peoria when our tour was going to start late. A CALL before we left would have been more convenient since we had family with us.
It was a fun tour. our guide was exceptional
It was great. Tour guide a little less talkative then our last experience with pink jeep
Fabulous , Ree Ree was awesome
Please Note: All tours are subject to our Terms of Sale which can be found here. Subject to our Terms of Sale, our tours operate rain or shine, provided the roads are open. In the event of severe weather, Pink Adventure Tours reserves the right to alter, modify, or cancel any tour due to unsafe conditions. Any tour cancelled by Pink Adventure Tours due to unsafe conditions will receive a 100% refund.