Hermits Rest Hike & Jeep Grand Canyon Tour
DEPARTS Grand Canyon, AZ
Discover The Grand Canyon's Hidden Secrets
Book Early & Save!
- Heated Jeeps: Tour the Grand Canyon South Rim in a custom, heated Pink Jeep® Wrangler
- See Hermits Rest: Take a scenic drive to historic Hermits Rest, named for a prospector who blazed canyon trails
- Short Hike: Hike below the South Rim to see marine fossil beds and the Colorado River
- Hermits Trail: Hermits Trail is a steep, rocky path; a 1-mile roundtrip
- Yavapai Point: Stop at Yavapai Point for majestic views of Bright Angle Canyon
- Grand Canyon Village: Drive by Grand Canyon Village; snap photos of historic buildings
- IMAX® Movie: Free ticket to the newly released IMAX® Movie, Grand Canyon Rivers of Time
- Park Admission: Free park admission for tour only; park re-entry requires purchase of park pass
Book early to lock in your tour with Plan Ahead Pricing, as prices may increase at any time based on seasonality or availability.
Enjoy scenic views as you ride in an iconic, heated Pink Jeep® Wrangler on this Grand Canyon South Rim Tour, including Hermits Rest. Stop at Yavapai Point for your first amazing view of the Grand Canyon. See rocks eroded away to reveal layers created by eons of sediment.
From the overlook, you’ll notice Phantom Ranch and Bright Angel trails. Your certified adventure guide, who is also a Wilderness First Responder, will tell you the history of the Canyon.
Grab a photo op at Grand Canyon Village. This historic district was once a stop for stagecoaches and remains a busy hub today. The village is home to El Tovar and Hopi House, both opened in 1905. Extraordinary views surround you as you stand where pioneers walked centuries ago.
Continue your South Rim Jeep tour to Hermits Rest with scenic views at every turn. The area has fewer crowds due to limited access from March to November.
Next, you'll enjoy a Grand Canyon hiking tour on the Hermit Trail. Your guide will lead you down the trail for a fun hike below the rim on a rocky, unmaintained path to view the wonders below. You'll see fossil beds and learn about the Grand Canyon’s geology. The hike is a 1-mile roundtrip with steep declines and inclines.
Price includes Grand Canyon National Park admission fees and a free ticket to the newly released IMAX® Movie, Grand Canyon: Rivers of Time. This new IMAX® Experience with Laser Technology puts you in the heart of the Grand Canyon as if you were there. Through super-high-resolution time-lapse photography and stunning CGI animation, you'll experience the geological formation of the Canyon and travel through time with early civilizations, indigenous tribes and adventurous explorers to places few have ever seen.
Park fees are for tour only. Re-entry to Grand Canyon National Park requires the purchase of a park pass.
Know Before You Go
- Minimum age for this tour is 7 years old; ages 7 to 15 qualify for child pricing
- Tour is not recommended for guests with limited mobility.
- Hike 1-mile round trip on a strenuous, steep and unmaintained rocky trail.
- Guests must wear closed-toe shoes, bring bottled water, sunscreen, hat and a snack.
- Tour can be seasonal due to inclement weather; an alternate route is provided.
VIDEO & PHOTO GALLERY
Following are real guest reviews, voluntarily submitted and unedited.
I felt excited for my tour, and was very pleased with Brad’s guidance and stories. Had an amazing time!
Brad was very informative about the history of the Grand Canyon, he was attentive to our hiking abilities, and had some great stories!
The tour was wonderful, into the nature. The guide is special and gives you all the advices necessary to do the trail. You are going to see a lot of special spot
This tour was amazing! Bryan was a great guide! He was very attentive, aware of our needs and had a great sense of humor. We really enjoyed Bryan and the tour!
This tour was amazing. Our tour guide Bryan was very knowledgeable and provided much needed hiking sticks for my husband & I. He did this without even being asked. The hike was much more difficult than we thought and Bryan was right there giving us pointers and cheering us on! I would highly recommend Bryan for any tour. We loved this tour and thank you Bryan for providing such a memorable experience!
The Jeep was great! Comfortable and safe. Rob Sweeny shared many facts about the Canyon, and hiking and shared his vast knowledge of geology which made the hike really cool! The IMAX movie was informative as well.
The tour was amazing. Our tour guide, Bryan Curley, did a great job. The entire family had so much fun.
The tour was excellent. Brian was accomodating and entertaining at all times. We had so much fun!
A great tour and hike for my family of 4. My 7 year old took her first hike and did great!
It was great!
Please Note: All tours are subject to our Terms of Sale which can be found here. Subject to our Terms of Sale, our tours operate rain or shine, provided the roads are open. In the event of severe weather, Pink Adventure Tours reserves the right to alter, modify, or cancel any tour due to unsafe conditions. Any tour cancelled by Pink Adventure Tours due to unsafe conditions will receive a 100% refund.