Hoover Dam Tour
DEPARTS Las Vegas, NV
Explore the Hoover Dam from Las Vegas
- Choose a morning or afternoon departure in a luxurious Tour Trekker vehicle
- See Lake Mead, the largest man-made reservoir in the United States
- Discover the great Hoover Dam, a wonder of architecture and engineering
- Visit the Hoover Dam auditorium and Visitor Center to learn how the dam was built
- Explore the historic Power Plant for a look at its unique construction and operations
- See panoramic views of Lake Mead and the Colorado River
- Head to the Arizona side of the dam for stunning structural views
- This particular tour is not suited for children under three-years old
- We are able to accommodate collapsible wheelchairs with an accompanying adult
The Hoover Dam stands as a tribute to US ingenuity and engineering during a time of adversity and hardship. On the Hoover Dam Classic Guided Tour, you’ll gain an insider's look at this National Civil Engineering Landmark.
Your Certified Interpretive Guide will pick you up at your hotel in a custom Pink Adventure Tour Trekker vehicle, designed to provide comfort and unobstructed views. You’ll see Lake Mead, the country’s largest man-made reservoir, and historic Boulder City, built to house dam workers.
The Hoover Dam is the shining gem of our tour; standing over 700 feet tall, it has the capacity to irrigate two million acres and provides power to southern California, Nevada and Arizona. Built over 4 years during the Great Depression, its creation provided thousands of jobs.
Your first stop features exhibits and presentations at the Hoover Dam Visitor Center. You’ll also tour the Power Plant while exploring passageways within the dam.
Your Tour Trekker will then take you to the Arizona side of the dam, where you’ll see a spillway so large a World War II battleship could float through it; each spillway can handle the flow of Niagara Falls. The Hoover Dam is a National Historic Landmark, and has been a filming location for Hollywood hits like “Superman” (1978, Warner Bros.), “Viva La Vegas” (1964, MGM) and “Transformers” (2007, DreamWorks).
Then, you can even walk along the dam itself.
Whether you enjoy our Hoover Dam Classic Guided Tour in the morning or afternoon, you’ll never forget a visit to this engineering marvel. Our luxurious transportation and knowledgeable guides make this a trip custom-made for photo ops and lasting memories.
VIDEO & PHOTO GALLERY
Following are real guest reviews, voluntarily submitted and unedited.
It was a great tour and our guide was splendid! You wanna keep Dennis around for a while!
great tour. Highly enjoyable
I liked that it fit our timelines, I liked the vehicle, we were able to see well. good information but not overwhelming.
Marian , 2019
It was instructive and fun - the best combination!
The tour was great and just the right amount of time. Our guide Jennifer was full of knowledge and I'd love to do another tour with her down the road!
The tour was fantastic. Bob was a great guide and provided humor along with a phenomenal educational experience. Tobe- Savannah, GA
Great Dam tour. Short and sweet. We didn’t want to waste all day and we didn’t want to be on a big bus tour.