DEPARTS Sedona, AZ
Sedona’s Native Archeological Experience
- Visit the Honanki Heritage site, 700-year-old cliff dwellings built by the Sinagua people
- Get an exclusive look at history during a guided adventure that is only available from Pink® Jeep® Tours
- View pictographs and petroglyphs from cultures that lived and thrived among the red rocks for centuries
- Observe a former archaeologic dig
- Hear the legends and myths surrounding the ruins and people who lived there
- Learn how the Sinagua Indians thrived in their desert home through farming and trading
- Ride in a custom-built Pink® Jeep® Wrangler, designed to give you unobstructed views
- Walk to a destination where early Arizona inhabitants lived, worked and played
Arizona’s indigenous history tells a fascinating tale during our Ancient Ruins Tour. This unique archeological adventure is an up-close look at a time when the Sinagua people called this area home, dating back to the 12th century.
Your Certified Interpretive Guide will meet you in Sedona at the Pink® Jeep® Tour Plaza. Get ready: our custom open-air Pink® Jeep® Wrangler is about to take you on a ride you’ll never forget. Wear comfortable shoes, as there is a 45-minute walk on the tour.
The mystery of the Sinagua people will surround you as you visit primitive ruins where they lived and worked from 600 AD until the 1400s. Little is known about the customs of the Sinagua, but pictographs and petroglyphs offer a glimpse into their ancient lifestyle.
During your visit, you’ll see the 700-year-old cliff dwellings were used for living spaces, community gatherings and burial grounds. Learn how they farmed and hunted, their complicated trading system—and how the society mysteriously vanished. The quandary of the Sinagua has yet to be solved.
At the end of the tour, you’ll journey back through the forest and into Sedona, where the rich legacy of Arizona’s native history lives on. No matter which Pink® Jeep® Tour you take next, you’ll never forget the mystique of this ancient civilization.
VIDEO & PHOTO GALLERY
Following are real guest reviews, voluntarily submitted and unedited.
Loved the ruins and geological info provided by Don. He tried to address all questions and built on the areas people raised with him. The archeological site was just fantastic. The route there was interesting and fun. I would say though that Don absolutely made the trip for us.
Ancient ruins was a great tour. The ride to and from the site is fun and not too rugged. The short walk inside the site isn't difficult at all. It's helpful that there are bathrooms on site. I loved that there were blankets on the jeep for the ride back to Sedona after sunset.
The trailer was fun and interesting. Both of us learned a lot of new information that we did not know before.
It was great, Chip was a great guide and a lot of fun to chat with.
Very interesting, I will use pink Jeep tours again. Really enjoyed our guide Sean.
Absolutely what we expected
Rich and Nancy, 2018
Very informative tour of the ancient Hononki cliff dwellings. The jeep trails were a bit rough, but Scott did a great job driving to minimize the bumps. Scott gave us a lot of information and perspectives on the ancient Hononki cliff dwellings and the people who once lived there.
It was great we would do it again