DEPARTS FROM: Sedona, AZ
Sedona’s Native Archeological Experience
- Visit the Honanki Heritage site, 700-year-old cliff dwellings built by the Sinagua people
- Get an exclusive look at history during a guided adventure that is only available from Pink® Jeep® Tours
- View pictographs and petroglyphs from cultures that lived and thrived among the red rocks for centuries
- Observe a former archaeologic dig
- Hear the legends and myths surrounding the ruins and people who lived there
- Learn how the Sinagua Indians thrived in their desert home through farming and trading
- Ride in a custom-built Pink® Jeep® Wrangler, designed to give you unobstructed views
- Walk to a destination where early Arizona inhabitants lived, worked and played
VIDEO & PHOTO GALLERY
Where the Past Comes Alive
Arizona’s indigenous history tells a fascinating tale during our Ancient Ruins Tour. This unique archeological adventure is an up-close look at a time when the Sinagua people called this area home, dating back to the 12th century.
Your Certified Interpretive Guide will meet you in Sedona at the Pink® Jeep® Tour Plaza. Get ready: our custom open-air Pink® Jeep® Wrangler is about to take you on a ride you’ll never forget. Wear comfortable shoes, as there is a 45-minute walk on the tour.
The mystery of the Sinagua people will surround you as you visit primitive ruins where they lived and worked from 600 AD until the 1400s. Little is known about the customs of the Sinagua, but pictographs and petroglyphs offer a glimpse into their ancient lifestyle.
During your visit, you’ll see the 700-year-old cliff dwellings were used for living spaces, community gatherings and burial grounds. Learn how they farmed and hunted, their complicated trading system—and how the society mysteriously vanished. The quandary of the Sinagua has yet to be solved.
At the end of the tour, you’ll journey back through the forest and into Sedona, where the rich legacy of Arizona’s native history lives on. No matter which Pink® Jeep® Tour you take next, you’ll never forget the mystique of this ancient civilization.
Following are real guest reviews, voluntarily submitted and unedited.
The tour was a great experience for our family. Just enough adventure riding and Mike was an informative and engaging guide. Thank you!
It suited our needs and interests perfectly.
Brandon was an awesome guide!
Tours are terrific. This is our fifth with Pink Jeep.
i don't usually give all highest rankings for surveys, but Matt was exceptional. We had 4 kids (ages 8-12) with us, and he went out of his way to involve them in discussions, asked them things, and got them excited about everything. Next time we're in Sedona, we'd hope to get Matt again!
Surpassed all of my expectations! Much better than one of the other companies that was supposedly more “authentic”. Our guide was a wealth of information about EVERYTHING and top notch professional. I am a picky traveler, and have already recommended this particular guide.
Please Note: Our tours operate rain or shine, provided the roads are open. In the event of severe weather, Pink® Adventure Tours reserves the right to alter, modify, or cancel any tour due to unsafe conditions. Any tour cancelled by Pink® Adventure Tours will receive a 100% refund.