DEPARTS Sedona, AZ
Sedona’s Native Archeological Experience
- Visit the Honanki Heritage site, 700-year-old cliff dwellings built by the Sinagua people
- Get an exclusive look at history during a guided adventure that is only available from Pink® Jeep® Tours
- View pictographs and petroglyphs from cultures that lived and thrived among the red rocks for centuries
- Observe a former archaeologic dig
- Hear the legends and myths surrounding the ruins and people who lived there
- Learn how the Sinagua Indians thrived in their desert home through farming and trading
- Ride in a custom-built Pink® Jeep® Wrangler, designed to give you unobstructed views
- Walk to a destination where early Arizona inhabitants lived, worked and played
Arizona’s indigenous history tells a fascinating tale during our Ancient Ruins Tour. This unique archeological adventure is an up-close look at a time when the Sinagua people called this area home, dating back to the 12th century.
Your Certified Interpretive Guide will meet you in Sedona at the Pink® Jeep® Tour Plaza. Get ready: our custom open-air Pink® Jeep® Wrangler is about to take you on a ride you’ll never forget. Wear comfortable shoes, as there is a 45-minute walk on the tour.
The mystery of the Sinagua people will surround you as you visit primitive ruins where they lived and worked from 600 AD until the 1400s. Little is known about the customs of the Sinagua, but pictographs and petroglyphs offer a glimpse into their ancient lifestyle.
During your visit, you’ll see the 700-year-old cliff dwellings were used for living spaces, community gatherings and burial grounds. Learn how they farmed and hunted, their complicated trading system—and how the society mysteriously vanished. The quandary of the Sinagua has yet to be solved.
At the end of the tour, you’ll journey back through the forest and into Sedona, where the rich legacy of Arizona’s native history lives on. No matter which Pink® Jeep® Tour you take next, you’ll never forget the mystique of this ancient civilization.
VIDEO & PHOTO GALLERY
Following are real guest reviews, voluntarily submitted and unedited.
Interesting and engaging from start to finish.
Didn’t know to meet guide upstairs or downstairs???? Guide was late
Very cool. The ruins were very interesting
See my other comments. This was on me...not and issue with excellent guide.
Person in friont could hear. We, in the back, could not until he turned mic up. Talked very fast and at times it was hard to decipher what he was saying.
Portable sound system didn't work well. It was difficult to hear in the moving vehicle.
Great, informative, interesting.
It was excellent. Brandon did an amazing job. I could tell he was an educator. Amazing how he drives well but can talk with great knowledge. If he didn’t know he said so. He is one of the best guides I’ve had and I have been on a few and various tours with your team.