DEPARTS Sedona, AZ
Arizona Cliff Dwellings Near Sedona
- Honanki Heritage Site: Hear the myths and legends around 700-year-old Sedona cliff dwellings built by the Sinagua people
- Archaeology: View painted pictographs and carved petroglyphs
- Culture: Learn how the Sinagua thrived through farming and trading
- Moderate Hike: Walk beneath a cliff side overhang where early Arizona inhabitants lived, worked and thrived
- Incredible Views: Ride in a custom-built Pink® Jeep® Wrangler, designed to give you unobstructed views
This unique, archaeological tour offers an up-close look at Sedona cliff dwellings and a time when the Sinagua people called this area home.
Little is known about the customs of the Sinagua, who occupied the site for an estimated 200 years between A.D. 1150 and 1350. Painted pictographs, carved petroglyphs and ancient artifacts offer a glimpse into their lifestyle.
During your visit, you’ll see the 700-year-old cliff dwellings that were used for living spaces and community gatherings. You will learn about the Sinagua’s high desert farming techniques, far-reaching trade system and theories as to why they mysteriously vanished.
On the way to and from the Honanki Heritage Site, you will travel through the city of Sedona where your guide will point out world-famous landmarks and red rock formations.
Know Before You Go
- One-third of the journey to the heritage site occurs on a dirt road with potential bumps and potholes.
- Viewing the ruins requires a three-quarter mile walk along an uneven dirt path.
- Comfortable, closed-toe walking shoes are recommended.
- No children under 2 are permitted on this tour.
- Pets are not allowed beyond the parking lot at this national heritage site. Please ask about accommodation for service animals prior to taking the tour.
VIDEO & PHOTO GALLERY
Following are real guest reviews, voluntarily submitted and unedited.
It was great easy walk and lots of info
This was a fun and educational tour. Our guide was personable, recommending photos and ready to assist in taking photos.
Excellent tour and very educational.
The tour was exactly what our group was looking for, entertaining and educational, with a charismatic guide who clearly knew and cared a ton about the local environment.
Liked it very educational n fun
We loved the tour. It was amazing to be able to see and spend time it such a place.
For the cost, I was expecting more off road terrain and areas that could not be reached or traversed by car. Pulling up to a site via Jeep and parking next to Prius, to a site we could have driven to ourselves with information that was easily accessed online left us feeling underwhelmed.
Our guide, James was fantastic. The right amount of energy and enthusiasm. He had answers to all our questions and had great local recommendations too. Highly recommend Pink Jeep!
Please Note: All tours are subject to our Terms of Sale which can be found here. Subject to our Terms of Sale, our tours operate rain or shine, provided the roads are open. In the event of severe weather, Pink® Adventure Tours reserves the right to alter, modify, or cancel any tour due to unsafe conditions. Any tour cancelled by Pink® Adventure Tours due to unsafe conditions will receive a 100% refund.