Newfound Gap Smoky Mountains Tour
DEPARTS Pigeon Forge, TN
The Best Smoky Mountain Attraction
- Views from 1 Mile High: See what seems like forever over the Great Smoky Mountains from a vantage point nearly 1-mile high at Newfound Gap
- Educational: Learn of the Smoky Mountains’ history, geology, flora and fauna from one of our certified tour guides
- Ecosystems: View and encounter ecosystem changes on your 3,000-feet climb to Newfound Gap
- Epic Photo Ops: Enjoy several stops near streams and lookouts for photographs to share
- End with a 4x4 Adventure: All of our Smoky Mountain tours end with an exciting off-road
- Certified, Local Tour Guides: Our guides are local experts, highly trained on safety, and
maintain an Interpretive Guide Certificate (CIG)
Creating Memories Worth Repeating®
There’s a lot planned for you on your Smoky Mountains tour to Newfound Gap. Before your adrenaline charged 4x4 off-road adventure, you'll depart in an iconic, open-air Pink® Jeep® Wrangler from of our convenient Pigeon Forge, TN, location. From there, Sugarlands Visitor Center is your first stop. You’ll learn the history of the towns we pass along the way.
From Sugarlands Visitor Center, you'll ascend 3,000 feet on paved roads. You’ll pass through a mixed forest made up of a mix of trees and smells that mimic that of the boreal forests that form a ring just south of the Artic Circle. Discover how the Smokies got their name, stop for amazing photo opportunities and hear more of local geology and history.
Guided Tour of Newfound Gap
You’ll arrive at Newfound Gap, which is nearly 1 mile above sea level. You’ll see part of the mighty Appalachian Trail. Rockefeller Memorial is where U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt stood to dedicate the Great Smoky Mountains National Park on Sept. 2, 1940. A short nature walk brings yet more discoveries.
But Newfound Gap’s main attraction is its stunning viewpoint. It stretches as far as your imagination no matter the season. April and May bring wildflowers. The summer brings rolling and layered green hues. The fall features vibrant autumn colors. And, the winter reveals the true scale of the Great Smoky Mountains after its leaves have fallen.
The return trip from Newfound Gap includes stops for more photos. You’ll see the streams that ultimately feed the Gulf of Mexico via the mighty Mississippi River.
Thrilling 4x4 Off-Road Experience
Your tour finishes with a hand-gripping, off-roading ride through a trail on private land. Your professional tour guide has been expertly trained to give you an experience unlike any other in the Great Smoky Mountains. After your thrilling 4x4 ride, you’ll be dropped off in time for your next planned activity, but not before filling your memory—and camera—with stories and pictures to share.
VIDEO & PHOTO GALLERY