Roaring Fork Smoky Mountains Tour
DEPARTS Pigeon Forge, TN
The Best Smoky Mountain Activity
- See Scenic Gatlinburg: Roll through charming and lively Gatlinburg in a custom, open-air Pink® Jeep®
- Enjoy a Small Group Experience: Go where tour buses can’t go—on an intimate tour of Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail
- Panoramic Views: See beautiful vistas from mountain outlooks
- Educational: Learn of history, geology, flora and fauna from one of our Certified Interpretive tour guides
- Roaring Waters: Travel what seems like an arm’s length from the roaring stream that tumbles down the mountain
- Take Lots of Pictures: Make this a photo tour with stops at natural waterfalls and along swiftly rolling streams
- Historical: See historic log cabins, mills and other structures from the pioneer days
- End with a 4x4 Adventure: Be thrilled in an exciting four-wheel drive off-roading ride in a classic Pink Jeep driven by your expertly-trained Pink® Jeep® guide
- Certified, Local Tour Guides: Our Certified Interpretive Guides (CIG) are local experts, with extensive safety-training
Children must be 2 years. Ages 2 to 15 yrs qualify for child pricing.
Creating Memories Worth Repeating®
First you'll depart from our convenient Pigeon Forge, TN, location. Your tour begins when your Certified Interpretive Guide brings charming Gatlinburg’s story to life. You’ll take in the sights of the shops and attractions from your seat in a custom-built, open-air Pink® Jeep® Wrangler.
With your hands on your camera and your guide’s hands on the steering wheel, you’ll head toward a road where tour busses can’t go. The heavily forested Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail is a single lane road. The open-air Jeep® ride beneath the canopy of trees ignites your senses. The climb rewards you with viewpoints from high above.
Along the way you’ll learn of the hardwood forest in the Smoky Mountains. A narrow, paved path through chestnut oak, white oak, magnolia, maple and tulip trees take you to the pinnacle, where stops at overlooks give you striking views.
From here, you’ll begin your descent. Historic structures dot the road’s edges. This was the American Frontier in the 1830s and 1840s. Log cabins and mills remain and your Pink guide will tell you their stories.
The sound of a stream catches your attention. As your Jeep descends the winding road, the stream builds. Soon, cliff-hugging waterfalls and rolling Waters become unspoiled stops for remarkable photo opportunities.
From Roaring Fork, it’s one last pass through Gatlinburg on way to a thrilling off-roading ride through a trail on private land. Your professional Pink Jeep guide has been expertly trained to give you an experience unlike any other in the Great Smoky Mountains—an adventure that you will share with loved ones.
VIDEO & PHOTO GALLERY
Following are real guest reviews, voluntarily submitted and unedited.
Tour was so fun But Jasper was exceptional in every way. So fun, funny, knowledgeable, engaging, kind, good with all ages. Top-notch. Professional. She deserves a raise!
Roaring Forks was a great addition to our vacation this year.
Very informative and engaging!
Jasper was very knowledgeable, friendly and easy to talk to. If we would have went on our own, we wouldn't have the knowledge and I wouldn't have been comfortable driving through the mountains Thank You Jasper for a memorable experience
Liked the entire tour loop in mountains was breathtaking.
Pam and Shelby were awesome. Both very knowledgeable. They went out of their way to look for things and stop at places they don't usually stop since the leaves were off the trees and you could now see waterfalls you don't normally see. They helped make our anniversary special.
Jasper is friendly, knowledgeable, and kept us all entertained. The tour was fantastic, and the off-roading at the end was so much fun!
Beautiful scenery, and great history
We loved the tour and Keeley! Keeley shared tons of information about the park, the area & the wildlife / vegetation. We definitely need to return for a longer visit & bring our family.