Roaring Fork Smoky Mountains Tour
DEPARTS Pigeon Forge, TN
The Best Smoky Mountain Activity
- See Scenic Gatlinburg: You'll roll through charming and lively Gatlinburg in an iconic, open-air Pink® Jeep® Wrangler
- Enjoy a Small Group Experience: Go where tour busses can’t go—on an intimate tour of Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail
- Panoramic Views: See beautiful vistas from mountain outlooks
- Educational: Learn of history, geology, flora and fauna from one of our Certified Interpretive tour guides
- Roaring Waters: Travel along-side what seems like an arm’s length from the roaring stream that tumbles down the mountain
- Take Lots of Pictures: Make this a photo tour with stops at natural waterfalls and along swiftly rolling streams
- Historical: See historic log cabins, mills and other structures from the pioneer days
- End with a 4x4 Adventure: Be thrilled in an exciting four-wheel drive off-roading ride in a classic Pink Jeep driven by your expertly-trained Pink® Jeep® guide
- Certified, Local Tour Guides: Our guides are local experts, highly trained on safety, and maintain an Interpretive Guide Certificate (CIG)
Creating Memories Worth Repeating®
First you'll depart from our convenient Pigeon Forge, TN, location. Your tour begins when your Certified Interpretive Guide brings charming Gatlinburg’s story to life. You’ll take in the sights of the shops and attractions from your seat in a custom-built, open-air Pink® Jeep® Wrangler.
With your hands on your camera and your guide’s hands on the steering wheel, you’ll head toward a road where tour busses can’t go. The heavily forested Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail is a single lane road. The open-air Jeep beneath the canopy of trees fills your senses. The climb rewards you with viewpoints from high above.
Along the way you’ll learn of the hardwood forest in the Smoky Mountains. A narrow, paved path through chestnut oak, white oak, magnolia, maple and tulip trees take you to the pinnacle, where stops at overlooks give you striking views.
From here, you’ll begin your descent. Historic structures dot the road’s edges. This was the American Frontier in the 1830s and 1840s. Log cabins and mills remain and your Pink guide will tell you their stories.
The sound of a stream catches your attention. As your Jeep descends the winding road, the stream builds. Soon, cliff-hugging waterfalls and rolling Waters become unspoiled stops for remarkable photo opportunities.
From Roaring Fork, it’s one last pass through Gatlinburg on way to a thrilling off-roading ride through a trail on private land. Your professional Pink Jeep guide has been expertly trained to give you an experience unlike any other in the Great Smoky Mountains—an adventure that you will share with loved ones.
VIDEO & PHOTO GALLERY
Following are real guest reviews, voluntarily submitted and unedited.
Very interesting and very informative.
Tour was great, off road adventure was excellent
I had a wonderful time! Our guide was engaging and educational. When she heard that I had visited the area several times but had never seen any bears, she made sure to keep an extra sharp eye out. And when we did actually see some bears, she made sure that I had gotten all the pictures I wanted before moving around the stopped cars. I've already told my family that we need to take another tour when they come out next spring!
It was great. Wish the weather had been clear and fall foliage, but that can't be helped. The off road was much more rough and fun than I had expected!
The tour was awesome! We had bear sightings and turkey sightings. We enjoyed hearing the history of the area and Airika was very entertaining.
It was great
Very informative. Our guide made the tour fun
It was a great tour with a great guide.
Our tour guide was excellent and very informative. She was she was very kind enough to stop the vehicle allowing us to take photographs of the Bears in the smoky mountains.
It was nice,