Roaring Fork Smoky Mountains Tour
DEPARTS Pigeon Forge, TN
The Best Smoky Mountain Activity
- See Scenic Gatlinburg: Roll through charming and lively Gatlinburg in a custom, heated Pink® Jeep®
- Enjoy a Small Group Experience: Go where tour buses can’t go—on an intimate tour of Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail
- Panoramic Views: See beautiful vistas from mountain outlooks
- Educational: Learn of history, geology, flora and fauna from one of our Certified Interpretive tour guides
- Roaring Waters: Travel what seems like an arm’s length from the roaring stream that tumbles down the mountain
- Take Lots of Pictures: Make this a photo tour with stops at natural waterfalls and along swiftly rolling streams
- Historical: See historic log cabins, mills and other structures from the pioneer days
- End with a 4x4 Adventure: Be thrilled in an exciting four-wheel drive off-roading ride in a classic Pink Jeep driven by your expertly-trained Pink® Jeep® guide
- Certified, Local Tour Guides: Our Certified Interpretive Guides (CIG) are local experts, with extensive safety-training
Children must be 2 years. Ages 2 to 12 yrs qualify for child pricing.
Creating Memories Worth Repeating®
First you'll depart from our convenient Pigeon Forge, TN, location. Your adventure begins when your tour guide brings charming Gatlinburg’s story to life. You’ll take in the sights of the shops and attractions from your seat in a custom-built, heated Pink® Jeep® Wrangler.
With your hands on your camera and your guide’s hands on the steering wheel, you’ll head toward a road where tour busses can’t go. The heavily forested Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail is a single-lane road. The heated Jeep® ride beneath the canopy of trees ignites your senses. The climb rewards you with viewpoints from high above.
Along the way you’ll learn of the hardwood forest in the Smoky Mountains. A narrow, paved path through chestnut oak, white oak, magnolia, maple and tulip trees take you to the pinnacle, where stops at overlooks give you striking views.
From here, you’ll begin your descent. Historic structures dot the road’s edges. This was the American Frontier in the 1830s and 1840s. Log cabins and mills remain and your Pink guide will tell you their stories.
The sound of a stream catches your attention. As your Jeep descends the winding road, the stream builds. Soon, cliff-hugging waterfalls and rolling Waters become unspoiled stops for remarkable photo opportunities.
From Roaring Fork, it’s one last pass through Gatlinburg on way to a thrilling off-roading ride through a trail on private land. Your professional Pink Jeep guide has been expertly trained to give you an experience unlike any other in the Great Smoky Mountains—an adventure that you will share with loved ones.
VIDEO & PHOTO GALLERY
Following are real guest reviews, voluntarily submitted and unedited.
Tour was great! Loved being able to stop at various points to take in the beauty!
The Roaring Fork tour was great. We contemplated on driving it ourselves, but we figured by doing the tour we could enjoy it more and take in the scenery better. We also love being educated about the area.
Good information provided and the guide did a great job of interacting with our whole party, from 15 year olds to 70 year olds
The Roaring Fork tour was a great way to see the Great Smoky Mtns in a whole new way. We live in the area, but we did not know many of the history/fact points Chris shared with us.
Excellent. A lot of fun. Chris is great; very informative entertaining and engaging with various people in the tour.
It was super fun and educational. Hearing the history of the Smokey’s was very entertaining
It was fun.
Excellent, Enjoyable, Entertaining, Exciting….enough?
We thought we were going to get an email with our booking details. We didn't get one. We were worried that they may not be ready for us when we got there, but our paper was printed and ready for us.
Please Note: All tours are subject to our Terms of Sale which can be found here. Subject to our Terms of Sale, our tours operate rain or shine, provided the roads are open. In the event of severe weather, Pink® Adventure Tours reserves the right to alter, modify, or cancel any tour due to unsafe conditions. Any tour cancelled by Pink® Adventure Tours due to unsafe conditions will receive a 100% refund.