Desert View Grand Canyon Tour
DEPARTS Grand Canyon, AZ
Grand Canyon's South Rim Tour
- Travel the Grand Canyon's South Rim in an open-air Pink Jeep® Wrangler
- Experience more than just the view with your entertaining, expert tour guide
- See the whitewater rapids of the Colorado River (3,000 feet below the rim)
- Visit Navajo Point, the highest point on the South Rim, for an in-depth geology presentation
- Receive a free ticket to the IMAX® Movie, "Grand Canyon: Rivers of Time"
- Includes Grand Canyon National Park admission for tour only
- Re-entry to the park requires the purchase of a park pass
Visit the South Rim Grand Canyon National Park and travel the entire length of Desert View Drive, approximately 23 miles. Take in breathtaking canyon views and the best viewpoints. Our local, certified adventure guides will share hidden gems and first-hand knowledge of this natural world wonder.
You'll make several stops along the South Rim where the scenery changes with the weather and time of day, ensuring that you never see the same view twice. Learn about plants, animals, geology and how the canyon was formed while traveling to Yavapai Point. Your guide will bring the history of the Grand Canyon to life with tales of its native peoples, adventurous explorers and early tourists.
Enjoy the canyon breeze as you ride along Desert View Drive in a custom, open-air Jeep® Wrangler to Navajo Point. At an elevation of 7,500 feet, Navajo Point is the highest overlook along the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. Enjoy epic panoramic vistas to the west and a great view of the Desert View Watchtower.
Peer below to see the Colorado River rapids, trails and buttes while your guide explains their significance. If you’re looking for a quiet moment to reflect, linger here while overlooking the tilted canyon layers of the Supergroup. This formation is only visible from a few areas along the South Rim.
Be sure to capture photos of the Desert View Watchtower to the east and towering rock spires against the sky. Your Grand Canyon tour includes park admission fees and a ticket to the IMAX® Movie, "Grand Canyon: Rivers of Time." This newly released film shares captivating canyon history, complete with in-depth looks at the area’s indigenous tribes, early explorers and places that few have ever seen.
Re-entry to the Grand Canyon National Park requires the purchase of a park pass.
Know Before You Go
- Children must be 2 years old; ages 2 to 15 qualify for child pricing
- Tour includes stops where guests will walk on well-maintained trails, sidewalks and/or dirt paths
- Guests with limited mobility may not be able to access all viewpoints, thus limiting photo ops
VIDEO & PHOTO GALLERY
Following are real guest reviews, voluntarily submitted and unedited.
Great tour. Rich, our guide, was fun, knowledgeable and showed us areas that we would have not seen on our own. Also the other people who were on our tour were fun to tour with.
A lot of fun. Halle was very informative and interesting
Interesting and informative. Fun for all of us. Halle was wonderful. Personalized the tour. Knew the canyon and it’s history.
All the different stops
Perfect… length, guide, areas visited.
Loved the places we stopped and the information Michael provided was all worth it because I had so many questions, he answered them before I could ask them, he's a wealth of information and great tour guide
Please Note: All tours are subject to our Terms of Sale which can be found here. Subject to our Terms of Sale, our tours operate rain or shine, provided the roads are open. In the event of severe weather, Pink Adventure Tours reserves the right to alter, modify, or cancel any tour due to unsafe conditions. Any tour cancelled by Pink Adventure Tours due to unsafe conditions will receive a 100% refund.