Eldorado Canyon Gold Mine Tour
DEPARTS Las Vegas, NV
Gold Mine Tour in Nevada
- Ride to Eldorado Canyon in our comfortable Tour Trekker
- Experience the Wild West and tour inside the Techatticup gold mine
- Explore a private collection of historic cars, buildings and movie backdrops
- See and learn about unique desert plants like the Teddy Bear Cholla
- Shop at the gift shop for souvenirs
- Stop to photograph expansive views of the Colorado River
Gear up to be immersed in a true wild west experience at one of Nevada’s richest gold mines. There are tales of gold fever and claim jumping, disastrous floods, fortunes won and lost, wild politics and more. Hear true stories of the men who blasted their way underground in search of buried treasure.
You'll learn from a local expert about gold mining in southern Nevada at the Techatticup gold mine, which operated from 1861 until 1942. While you’re there, explore a private collection of old cars, memorabilia, and souvenirs from movie sets filmed in the area. Restrooms and a gift shop are available.
Your certified Pink Jeep Tours guide will give you the colorful history of this remote and once-thriving mine, and point out unique features of the desert landscape. Check out an abundance of desert plants like the Teddy Bear Cholla. They look soft enough to hug, but these teddy bears will hug you right back, in a prickly way you won’t soon forget!
A short drive from the mine reveals interesting geological formations and ends at an overlook above a beautiful stretch of the Colorado River at Nelson’s Landing. Cameras ready for a terrific photo op! For 40 years of the mine’s history, coming up the river on a steamboat to this spot was the main way to reach the mine.
Go back in time on the Eldorado Canyon Gold Mine tour.
Know Before You Go
- No children under 3 are permitted on this tour.
- Tour includes some walking on desert terrain. Closed-toe, comfortable shoes recommended.
- No wheelchair or walker access. Guests can opt to take tour but skip the mine portion.
- Guest with limited mobility should consider:
- There is a 3-yard walk to the mine entrance
- The mine tour is less than 1/4 mile
- Mine has narrow walls and passages. Claustrophobia may be a consideration for some.
VIDEO & PHOTO GALLERY
Following are real guest reviews, voluntarily submitted and unedited.
Tour guide on site not very good. Seemed bored that he was doing it
definitely a good tour
fun and exciting
Carol was GREAT! The tour was a lot of fun
He was amazing! Super nice, informative, gave very nice feedback on every question that was asked. Charles was the best!!!!
A wonderful tour that really showed a lot from the beautiful area and the history of gold mines in Nevada .
Stark beauty of area and unique history of location was interesting.
The Southpoint has a main valet location but we were actually picked up in the shuttle area.
Please Note: All tours are subject to our Terms of Sale which can be found here. Subject to our Terms of Sale, our tours operate rain or shine, provided the roads are open. In the event of severe weather, Pink Adventure Tours reserves the right to alter, modify, or cancel any tour due to unsafe conditions. Any tour cancelled by Pink Adventure Tours due to unsafe conditions will receive a 100% refund.