DEPARTS Las Vegas, NV
Explore the Hoover Dam
- Choose a morning or afternoon departure in a luxurious Tour Trekker vehicle
- See Lake Mead, the largest man-made reservoir in the United States
- Discover the great Hoover Dam, a wonder of architecture and engineering
- Look down onto the Hoover Dam as it holds back Lake Mead from the 900-feet-tall Michael O’Callaghan—Pat Tillman Bridge
- Visit the Boulder Dam Museum inside the historic Boulder Dam Hotel
- See panoramic views of Lake Mead and the Colorado River
- Head to the Arizona side of the dam for stunning structural views
- This particular tour is not suited for children under three-years old
- We are able to accommodate collapsible wheelchairs with an accompanying adult
The Hoover Dam stands as a tribute to US ingenuity and engineering during a time of adversity and hardship. On the Hoover Dam Classic Guided Tour, you’ll gain remarkable views on, around and above this National Civil Engineering Landmark.
Your Certified Interpretive Guide will pick you up at your hotel in a custom Pink Adventure Tour Trekker vehicle, designed to provide comfort and unobstructed views. You’ll see Lake Mead, the country’s largest man-made reservoir, and historic Boulder City, built to house dam workers. A visit to the Boulder Dam Museum inside the Boulder Dam Hotel gives the first look at the Hoover Dam story.
The Hoover Dam is the shining gem of our tour; standing over 700 feet tall, it has the capacity to irrigate two million acres and provides power to southern California, Nevada and Arizona. Built over 4 years during the Great Depression, its creation provided thousands of jobs.
A short walk on the 900-feet-tall Michael O’Callaghan—Pat Tillman Bridge provides a bird’s-eye view of the Dam; this is a view of the mighty dam as it holds back Lake Mead.
Your Tour Trekker will then take you to the Arizona side of the dam, where you’ll see a spillway so large a World War II battleship could float through it; each spillway can handle the flow of Niagara Falls. The Hoover Dam is a National Historic Landmark, and has been a filming location for Hollywood hits like “Superman” (1978, Warner Bros.), “Viva La Vegas” (1964, MGM) and “Transformers” (2007, DreamWorks).
Then, you can even walk along the dam itself.
Whether you enjoy our Hoover Dam Classic Guided Tour in the morning or afternoon, you’ll never forget a visit to this engineering marvel. Our luxurious transportation and knowledgeable guides make this a trip custom-made for photo ops and lasting memories.
VIDEO & PHOTO GALLERY
Following are real guest reviews, voluntarily submitted and unedited.
It was an enjoyable tour, very interesting and nice sight seeing and awesome information by the tour Chris Brennan ????
It was wonderful! Dennis was very informative and engaging!
Very educational our tour guide Jessie was awesome he knew so much about so many things was really impressed
It was educational and exciting
Liked the small group format. It to really interact with guide on a personal level. And also had more interaction with the other people on the tour.
Amazing!!! Kegan was the best!!! He is a very knowledgeable and fun guide. I would love to take another Kegan tour.
Amazing!!! Kegan was the best! Very knowledgeable and fun.