Ancient Ruin / Red Rock Range Combo
DEPARTS Sedona, AZ
Red Rock Views, Ancient Ruins & Little Hollywood
- Iconic Landscapes: Enjoy a thrilling panoramic adventure into Sedona’s backcountry near Boynton Canyon
- Unobstructed Views: See colorful canyons, towering spires and rock formations from an open-air Jeep Wrangler
- Bradshaw Overlook: Learn about Bob Bradshaw, Sedona photographer, film location scout and all-around cowboy
- Honanki Heritage Site: Take an exclusive, 60-minute guided tour of 700-year-old Sinagua cliff dwellings
- History & Archaeology: Learn about Sinagua farming and trading; view Sedona petroglyphs and pictographs
- Taylor Tank: Visit a man-made watering hole dating back to Sedona’s historic cattle ranching days
- Little Hollywood: Delve into Sedona’s movie-making heydays; see famous landscapes from Hollywood Westerns
- Educational: Learn about area plants, wildlife, geology, history and culture from an expert, local adventure guide.
Travel through time on this four-hour panoramic adventure through Sedona to the open range of Boynton Canyon and beyond. Our Ancient Ruin/Red Rock Range combo tour is rich in history and big on views! You’ll explore ancient civilizations, early cattle ranching pioneers and Sedona’s movie heydays while taking in world-famous red rock views.
Step into our custom, open-air Pink Jeep® Wrangler for a mild excursion through Sedona’s backcountry. Your local, Certified Adventure Guide will navigate paved scenic roads and easygoing off-road trails while sharing a deep knowledge and insider’s view of this awe-inspiring land.
Your tour includes three stops: the Bradshaw Overlook, Taylor Tank and Honanki Heritage Site. At Honanki, you’ll disembark for a ¾ mile round-trip walk and exclusive tour of ancient cliff dwellings built by the Sinagua people. Pink Jeep Tours is the ONLY commercial outfitter with access to this site!
From Uptown Sedona, you’ll pass by famous rock formations like Snoopy Rock, Airport Mesa, Coffee Pot Rock and more. Hear the stories behind their names. The route to Bradshaw Overlook features West Sedona’s most epic landscapes: Chimney Rock, Thunder Mountain, Lizard Head, Boynton Canyon and other landmarks of the Secret Mountain Wilderness.
Capture sweeping panoramas of pinyon-juniper forests, the Verde Valley and Jerome from the Bradshaw Overlook. Named after Bob Bradshaw, famous Sedona photographer, location scout and all-around cowboy, this desert high point overlooks Bradshaw Ranch. Your guide will share its pivotal role in establishing the area as "Arizona’s Little Hollywood."
At Honanki Heritage Site, enjoy a private, 60-minute guided tour as you walk under a 900-ft tall cliff overhang. With over 1,500 petroglyphs and pictographs, this ancient ruin is one of the most well-preserved cliff dwellings near Sedona. Who lived here? Why did they leave? Where did they go? Your Pink Jeep Site Host will trace the historical facts and myths of prehistoric civilizations.
Last stop is Taylor Tank, a manmade watering hole that dates to the area’s early days of cattle ranching. Learn about native vegetation, desert varnish and the ups and downs of cowboy life. As you ride the open range back to town, you’ll go home feeling like you’ve lived a lifetime here and with stunning photos to prove it!
Know Before You Go
- Children under 2 are not permitted on this tour.
- Not recommended for guests with mobility issues or those who are pregnant
- Guests should bring several bottles of water, sunscreen, a hat, and wear closed-toe shoes
- Tour includes dirt roads with unmaintained sections; potential bumps and potholes
- Viewing the ruins requires a ¾ mile roundtrip walk on an uneven dirt path.
- Pets are not allowed beyond the parking lot at this national heritage site. Please ask about accommodation for service animals prior to taking the tour.
VIDEO & PHOTO GALLERY
Following are real guest reviews, voluntarily submitted and unedited.
Loved it—a unique, personal look at the area.
Great tour made even better by our fantastic guide!
Enjoyed the tour and attention to detail from our guide.
Expected more history about the area about the Indian culture and about movies that were shot in the area. Expected some off road jeep ride not just road.
Angie , 2023
Mike is the Bomb
Please Note: All tours are subject to our Terms of Sale which can be found here. Subject to our Terms of Sale, our tours operate rain or shine, provided the roads are open. In the event of severe weather, Pink Adventure Tours reserves the right to alter, modify, or cancel any tour due to unsafe conditions. Any tour cancelled by Pink Adventure Tours due to unsafe conditions will receive a 100% refund.