Ancient Ruin / Red Rock Range Combo
DEPARTS Sedona, AZ
Red Rock Views, Ancient Ruins & Little Hollywood
- Iconic Landscapes: Enjoy a thrilling panoramic adventure into Sedona’s backcountry near Boynton Canyon
- Unobstructed Views: See colorful canyons, towering spires and rock formations from an open-air Jeep Wrangler
- Bradshaw Overlook: Learn about Bob Bradshaw, Sedona photographer, film location scout and all-around cowboy
- Honanki Heritage Site: Take an exclusive, 60-minute guided tour of 700-year-old Sinagua cliff dwellings
- History & Archaeology: Learn about Sinagua farming and trading; view Sedona petroglyphs and pictographs
- Taylor Tank: Visit a man-made watering hole dating back to Sedona’s historic cattle ranching days
- Little Hollywood: Delve into Sedona’s movie-making heydays; see famous landscapes from Hollywood Westerns
- Educational: Learn about area plants, wildlife, geology, history and culture from an expert, local adventure guide.
Travel through time on this four-hour panoramic adventure through Sedona to the open range of Boynton Canyon and beyond. Our Ancient Ruin/Red Rock Range combo tour is rich in history and big on views! You’ll explore ancient civilizations, early cattle ranching pioneers and Sedona’s movie heydays while taking in world-famous red rock views.
Step into our custom, open-air Pink Jeep® Wrangler for a mild excursion through Sedona’s backcountry. Your local, Certified Adventure Guide will navigate paved scenic roads and easygoing off-road trails while sharing a deep knowledge and insider’s view of this awe-inspiring land.
Your tour includes three stops: the Bradshaw Overlook, Taylor Tank and Honanki Heritage Site. At Honanki, you’ll disembark for a ¾ mile round-trip walk and exclusive tour of ancient cliff dwellings built by the Sinagua people. Pink Jeep Tours is the ONLY commercial outfitter with access to this site!
From Uptown Sedona, you’ll pass by famous rock formations like Snoopy Rock, Airport Mesa, Coffee Pot Rock and more. Hear the stories behind their names. The route to Bradshaw Overlook features West Sedona’s most epic landscapes: Chimney Rock, Thunder Mountain, Lizard Head, Boynton Canyon and other landmarks of the Secret Mountain Wilderness.
Capture sweeping panoramas of pinyon-juniper forests, the Verde Valley and Jerome from the Bradshaw Overlook. Named after Bob Bradshaw, famous Sedona photographer, location scout and all-around cowboy, this desert high point overlooks Bradshaw Ranch. Your guide will share its pivotal role in establishing the area as "Arizona’s Little Hollywood."
At Honanki Heritage Site, enjoy a private, 60-minute guided tour as you walk under a 900-ft tall cliff overhang. With over 1,500 petroglyphs and pictographs, this ancient ruin is one of the most well-preserved cliff dwellings near Sedona. Who lived here? Why did they leave? Where did they go? Your Pink Jeep Site Host will trace the historical facts and myths of prehistoric civilizations.
Last stop is Taylor Tank, a manmade watering hole that dates to the area’s early days of cattle ranching. Learn about native vegetation, desert varnish and the ups and downs of cowboy life. As you ride the open range back to town, you’ll go home feeling like you’ve lived a lifetime here and with stunning photos to prove it!
Know Before You Go
- Children under 2 are not permitted on this tour.
- Not recommended for guests with mobility issues or those who are pregnant
- Guests should bring several bottles of water, sunscreen, a hat, and wear closed-toe shoes
- Tour includes dirt roads with unmaintained sections; potential bumps and potholes
- Viewing the ruins requires a ¾ mile roundtrip walk on an uneven dirt path.
- Pets are not allowed beyond the parking lot at this national heritage site. Please ask about accommodation for service animals prior to taking the tour.
VIDEO & PHOTO GALLERY
Following are real guest reviews, voluntarily submitted and unedited.
We had a great time. We loved learning about the history of the areas and getting out to see the views. Arwin was great! She was informative and funny. And the four hours flew by!
It was absolutely amazing and our guide Vince was the best!!
It was GREAT
Vince was great, and full of a lot of interesting info
The ancient ruins was good. The red rock sites was nothing special and not up to its marketing
Ann Marie, 2023
Fun and informative
stew was great! knowledgeable and passionate about the sites and excited to share information.
The historic sites were important and we were glad to see them before they slowly disappear. Andrew was great, weaving history and a bit of storytelling which brought you back to those times.
Mike was the most exceptional tour guide. From the start Mikes enthusiasm for the area was apparent. His knowledge of the history and culture of the area along with personal stories and local perspectives made our trip 10/10. Fantastic storyteller and guide with an amazing backdrop. Highly recommend.
Please Note: All tours are subject to our Terms of Sale which can be found here. Subject to our Terms of Sale, our tours operate rain or shine, provided the roads are open. In the event of severe weather, Pink Adventure Tours reserves the right to alter, modify, or cancel any tour due to unsafe conditions. Any tour cancelled by Pink Adventure Tours due to unsafe conditions will receive a 100% refund.