Foothills Parkway Smoky Mountains Tour
DEPARTS Pigeon Forge, TN
Guided Tour of Smoky Mountains
New Route!! Now Our Mildest Smoky Mountains Tour!
- Open-air Jeeps: Be driven through the Smokies a customized, open-air Pink Jeep® Wrangler
- All-paved Roads: Ideal tour for all ages and expectant mothers! No bumpy 4x4 trails!
- Breathtaking: Experience some of the best views in the eastern U.S from the Foothills Parkway
- Educational: Hear the story of the decades-long project to complete the Foothills Parkway on this guided tour
- Epic Photos: Snap panoramas of Wears Valley and the Foothills Parkway from stops along the Little River Gorge
- Small-Group Experience: Ignite your senses and soak up the scenery from a small, intimate Jeep; this is no bus tour!
- Certified, Local Tour Guides: Our Certified Interpretive Guides are local experts, with extensive safety training
Note: This tour route has been expanded and no longer includes the 4x4 off-road portion.
Let us take you on a relaxing, panoramic tour in the Great Smoky Mountains through Wears Valley, along Little River Road and up the Foothills Parkway. You’ll depart from our convenient Pigeon Forge, TN location. This comfortable, relaxing tour winds along paved roads with stunning views and offers a stress-free, mild outing.
The tour begins when your Certified Interpretive Guide heads towards Wears Valley, an idyllic community of quaint farms, historic sites and scenic views. Learn about the area’s rich history and how the Great Smoky Mountains got their name.
Upon entering Smoky Mountains National Park, you’ll follow the curves of the Little River Gorge Road in a custom, open-air Pink Jeep® making stops along the way. It’s one of the most scenic drives in eastern Tennessee. Your guide will interpret the flora, fauna and diverse ecosystems of “America’s most visited national park.”
The Foothills Parkway
Breathe in the fresh air and marvel at stunning views while traveling along the newly opened section of the Foothills Parkway. Overlook stops offer awe-inspiring panoramas for spectacular photos of the mountains often blanketed in the smoke-like mist, for which they are famous.
The parkway provides the best views of the highest peaks in the eastern United States. Touted as “one of the prettiest drives in America,” your guide will share how the rugged terrain and other fascinating factors caused this masterpiece to take decades to complete. Approved by Congress in 1944, the final section of the Foothills Parkway was only finished in late 2018.
Your return to Pigeon Forge features more stories of the Smokies and area attractions. Our guides live and play in these mountains, and know all the best places and hidden gems. You'll also get a peek into the 60-year history of Pink® Jeep® Tours, one of the newest members of Herschend Family Entertainment.
Know Before You Go
- Our mildest Smoky Mountain tour option, conducted on all paved roads.
- No 4x4 trails; ideal for guests who are elderly or expectant mothers.
- Tour includes walking on rocky, uneven terrain.
- Guests with limited mobility may choose to stay in the vehicle at stops.
VIDEO & PHOTO GALLERY
Following are real guest reviews, voluntarily submitted and unedited.
Great tour and guide
Dennis was great! Read my prior comments about him.
So much fun! It's a really great time and a fantastic way to enjoy the Smoky Mountains!
Fun and educational.
Nice tour...Mike was great and always offered to take group photo for us at each stop.
Very exciting and educational
My husband and I enjoyed the tour. We had a great time with Dennis. He was very informative. He made sure we got to see everything. We were lucky enough to see a family of 5 bears including some cubs. Taking the tour allows the two of us to see and hear about things we didn’t know. This was our second Pink Jeep Tour and won’t be our last.
The tour was great. Our guide 'HillBilly' was very knowledgeable about the area and took us to great spots
Please Note: All tours are subject to our Terms of Sale which can be found here. Subject to our Terms of Sale, our tours operate rain or shine, provided the roads are open. In the event of severe weather, Pink Adventure Tours reserves the right to alter, modify, or cancel any tour due to unsafe conditions. Any tour cancelled by Pink Adventure Tours due to unsafe conditions will receive a 100% refund.