Foothills Parkway Smoky Mountains Tour
DEPARTS Pigeon Forge, TN
Guided Tour of Smoky Mountains
Experience Winter Wonders in the Smokies!
- Heated Jeeps: Be driven through the Smokies in a customized, heated Pink Jeep® Wrangler
- 4x4 Adventure: End with a thrilling off-road Jeep excursion on a private trail!
- Breathtaking: Experience some of the best views in the eastern U.S from the Foothills Parkway
- Educational: Hear the story of the decades-long project to complete the Foothills Parkway on this guided tour
- Epic Photos: Snap panoramas of Wears Valley and the Foothills Parkway from stops along the Little River Gorge
- Small-Group Experience: Ignite your senses and soak up the scenery from a small, intimate Jeep; this is no bus tour!
- Certified, Local Tour Guides: Our Certified Interpretive Guides are local experts, with extensive safety training
Book early to lock in your tour with Plan Ahead Pricing, as prices may increase at any time based on seasonality or availability.
Let us take you on a panoramic tour in the Great Smoky Mountains through Wears Valley, along Little River Road and up the Foothills Parkway. You’ll depart from our convenient Pigeon Forge, TN location. This scenic tour traverses the Smoky Mountain foothills and offers stunning views across an incredible horizon.
The tour begins when your Certified Interpretive Guide heads towards Wears Valley, an idyllic community of quaint farms, historic sites and scenic views. Learn about the area’s rich history and how the Great Smoky Mountains got their name.
Upon entering Smoky Mountains National Park, you’ll follow the curves of the Little River Gorge Road in a custom, heated Pink Jeep® making stops along the way. It’s one of the most scenic drives in eastern Tennessee. Your guide will interpret the flora, fauna and diverse ecosystems of “America’s most visited national park.”
The Foothills Parkway
Breathe in the fresh air and marvel at stunning views while traveling along the newly opened section of the Foothills Parkway. Overlook stops offer awe-inspiring panoramas for spectacular photos of the mountains often blanketed in the smoke-like mist, for which they are famous.
The parkway provides the best views of the highest peaks in the eastern United States. Touted as “one of the prettiest drives in America,” your guide will share how the rugged terrain and other fascinating factors caused this masterpiece to take decades to complete. Approved by Congress in 1944, the final section of the Foothills Parkway was only finished in late 2018.
Your return to Pigeon Forge features more stories of the Smokies and area attractions, along with a thrilling, off-road experience on private land. Our guides live and play in these mountains, and know all the best places and hidden gems. You'll also get a peek into the 60-year history of Pink® Jeep® Tours, one of the newest members of Herschend Family Entertainment.
Know Before You Go
- Children under 2 are not permitted on this tour.
- Tour includes walking on rocky, uneven terrain.
- Guests with limited mobility may choose to stay in the vehicle at stops.
- Pregnant guests cannot take the 4x4 portion of tour; can wait at a covered pavilion.
VIDEO & PHOTO GALLERY
Following are real guest reviews, voluntarily submitted and unedited.
Very informative and fun
The tour. Was awesome especially the off roading.
Laurie, our guide, was super friendly and made the trip so enjoyable.
Julie was fantastic! Informative, kind, and genuinely wanted to help us make the most of our trip. She is a treasure. We loved her and felt like a family member was with us!
The tour was great! The off road was a great experience. Julie definitely made the tour one to remember!
The tour was great SJ was the best guide she was very knowledgeable about the area. She was very good driver an was very curious
Our tour was great ! Very informative, one of the beast things we've Done in the smokey, will definitely return
Hillbilly was a great guide. We learned alot & had alot of fun in the process. If anyone takes this tour I recommend requesting Hillbilly
It was so much fun and very beautiful. Our guide was friendly, energetic and full of knowledge. The off road track at the end was a perfect way to end the day.
Please Note: All tours are subject to our Terms of Sale which can be found here. Subject to our Terms of Sale, our tours operate rain or shine, provided the roads are open. In the event of severe weather, Pink Adventure Tours reserves the right to alter, modify, or cancel any tour due to unsafe conditions. Any tour cancelled by Pink Adventure Tours due to unsafe conditions will receive a 100% refund.