Newfound Gap Smoky Mountains Tour
DEPARTS Pigeon Forge, TN
The Best Smoky Mountain Attraction
Enjoy the Smokie Mountains All Winter!
- Custom, Heated Jeeps: Be driven in a customized, iconic heated Pink Jeep® Wrangler
- Mile-High Views: See endless views of the Great Smoky Mountains from nearly a mile high at Newfound Gap
- Interpretive Walk: Be guided on a short interpretive walk along the West Prong of the Little Pigeon River
- Educational: Learn of the Smoky Mountains’ history, geology, flora and fauna from our certified tour guides
- Ecosystems: View and encounter ecosystem changes on the 3,000 ft climb to Newfound Gap
- Epic Photo Ops: Enjoy several stops near streams and lookouts for photographs to share
- End with a 4x4 Adventure: All of our Smoky Mountains tours end with an exciting off-road experience
- Certified, Local Tour Guides: Our Certified Interpretive Guides are local experts, with extensive safety training
Book early to lock in your tour with Plan Ahead Pricing, as prices may increase at any time based on seasonality or availability.
There’s a lot planned for you on your Smoky Mountains tour to Newfound Gap. Before your adrenaline-charged 4x4 off-road adventure, you'll depart in an iconic, heated Pink Jeep Wrangler from our convenient Pigeon Forge, TN location. You’ll learn the history of the towns we pass along the way and be guided along a short interpretive walk along the West Prong of the Little Pigeon River.
As we ascend 3,000 feet on paved roads, we'll pass through a diverse forest made up of a mix of trees and varied scents that mimic that of the boreal forests that form a ring just south of the Arctic Circle. Discover how the Smokies got their name, stop for amazing photo opportunities and hear about local geology and history.
Guided Tour of Newfound Gap
You’ll arrive at Newfound Gap, which is nearly one mile above sea level. You’ll see part of the mighty Appalachian Trail. Rockefeller Memorial is where U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt stood to dedicate the Great Smoky Mountains National Park on Sept. 2, 1940. A short nature walk brings yet more discoveries.
But Newfound Gap’s main attraction is its stunning viewpoint. It stretches as far as your imagination no matter the season. April and May bring wildflowers. The summer brings rolling and layered green hues. The fall features vibrant autumn colors. And, the winter reveals the true scale of the Great Smoky Mountains after its leaves have fallen.
The return trip from Newfound Gap includes stops for more photos. You’ll see the streams that ultimately feed the Gulf of Mexico via the mighty Mississippi River.
Thrilling 4x4 Off-Road Experience
Your tour finishes with a hand-gripping, off-roading ride through a trail on private land. Your professional tour guide has been expertly trained to give you an experience unlike any other in the Great Smoky Mountains. After your thrilling 4x4 ride, you’ll be dropped off in time for your next planned activity, but not before filling your memory—and camera—with stories and pictures to share.
Know Before You Go
- Children under 2 are not permitted on this tour
- Tour stops include walking on rocky, uneven terrain
- Guests with limited mobility can choose to stay in the vehicle at stops
- Pregnant guests cannot take the 4x4 portion of tour; can wait at a covered pavilion
VIDEO & PHOTO GALLERY
Following are real guest reviews, voluntarily submitted and unedited.
The tour was excellent… it was so nice to have someone who felt comfortable driving up the mountain- especially on a day with ice on the road. He was funny and very interactive
Very nice area to tour, beautiful scenery.
Despite the cold weather, it was fun! I would definitely do it again!
Excellent and fun guide
Informative and fun.
Excellent tour; will surely use yall again
Tour was amazing! Learned about new things we needed to do the next time we come to visit. Learned about less busy restaurants and attractions for our current stay.
The tour was great and adventurous!!
The tour was entertaining and well priced. Well organized and treated well.
Please Note: All tours are subject to our Terms of Sale which can be found here. Subject to our Terms of Sale, our tours operate rain or shine, provided the roads are open. In the event of severe weather, Pink Adventure Tours reserves the right to alter, modify, or cancel any tour due to unsafe conditions. Any tour cancelled by Pink Adventure Tours due to unsafe conditions will receive a 100% refund.