Roaring Fork Smoky Mountains Tour
DEPARTS Pigeon Forge, TN
Pigeon Forge to Smoky Mountains
Spring Wildflowers in the Smokies!
- Small Group Experience: Go where tour buses can’t—on an intimate tour of the Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail
- Tour Gatlinburg: Roll through charming Gatlinburg into the western hills of Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- Scenic Drive: Experience the 5.5-mile-long, one-way, scenic loop from an open-air Pink Jeep Wrangler
- Panoramic Vistas: Capture sweeping views of the Smokies from high mountain outlooks
- Forest Bathing: De-stress under the forest canopy, riding next to a roaring stream and past cascading waterfalls
- Historical: See historic log cabins, mills and other structures from the early pioneer days
- Guided & Narrated: Learn about mountain folklore, geology, flora and fauna from local Certified Adventure Guides
- 4x4 Adventure: End with a thrilling, 30-minute off-road jeep excursion on a private trail
Traveling the Smoky Mountains’ Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail is one of the best things to do in Gatlinburg! Your adventure begins when you climb aboard our custom, open-air Pink® Jeep® Wrangler at our Pigeon Forge, TN location. From here, you’ll go where the tour buses can’t—and end with a thrilling, 4x4 off-road jeep tour.
Your Certified Adventure Guide will bring mountain folklore to life as you pass through the charming town of Gatlinburg and roll into the western hills of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Soon, the narrow Roaring Fork Nature Trail twists and turns along a 5.5-mile, one-way, paved scenic loop named after the mountain stream that runs alongside it.
With your camera in hand and your guide navigating the steering wheel, you can relax under the canopy of trees and soak up the sights and sounds. The open-air Jeep® ride ignites your senses. You’re headed on an intimate journey through thick forest, past a cascading waterfall and into the days of early pioneers.
Along the way, you’ll learn about the hardwood forest in the Smoky Mountains. The narrow-paved path climbs through oak, magnolia, maple and tulip trees to the pinnacle, where mountain overlooks offer striking views.
The Roaring Fork Motor Trail is dotted with historic homesteads, well-preserved log cabins, grist mills and other structures of the 1800s. As you pass the Noah “Bud” Ogle Place, you’ll hear tales of the Ogle family, some of the first settlers to the Great Smoky Mountains.
Enjoy a guided interpretive walk at the Alfred Reagan Place and Tub Mill. Reagan was a jack of all trades—farmer, carpenter, blacksmith, general store owner and gristmill owner. Famous for its turquoise-colored doors, the Reagan House is the only historic home on the Roaring Fork Trail that has been painted.
As your Jeep descends the winding road, the stream builds and begins to roar. Soon, cliff-hugging waterfalls and rolling waters offer unspoiled stops for remarkable photo opportunities. From the Roaring Fork scenic drive, it’s one last pass through Gatlinburg towards a thrilling, 30-minute, off-road experience on private land.
You'll go home from your Smoky Mountains vacation with memories to last a lifetime!
Know Before You Go
- Children under 2 are not permitted on this tour
- Tour stops include walking on rocky, uneven terrain
- Guests with limited mobility can choose to stay in the vehicle at stops
- Pregnant guests cannot take the 4x4 portion of tour; can wait at a covered pavilion
VIDEO & PHOTO GALLERY
Following are real guest reviews, voluntarily submitted and unedited.
I was expecting more behind the scenes.
Jerry was AWESOME! He is very multitalented! He drove with ease while he told stories. He made the trip very interesting and fun! I would highly recommend him!
Excellent. Had a great time
The tour was filled with knowledge of the history of the area and was educational. Matt had a very comical approach to presenting the history and telling stories.
Very good tour
We LOVED Steve. Best tour guide I have ever had. He made sure we saw bears.
It was amazing. I have been visiting Gatlinburg since I was 15 years old and learned more about it and saw places I have never been. We also saw a bear. The guide took pictures of all of us. She took silly pictures of us too. We have memories we will cherish forever. Our guide was great, funny and amazing, if you have her it will be the best trip ever.
Please Note: All tours are subject to our Terms of Sale which can be found here. Subject to our Terms of Sale, our tours operate rain or shine, provided the roads are open. In the event of severe weather, Pink Adventure Tours reserves the right to alter, modify, or cancel any tour due to unsafe conditions. Any tour cancelled by Pink Adventure Tours due to unsafe conditions will receive a 100% refund.