Roaring Fork Smoky Mountains Tour
DEPARTS Pigeon Forge, TN
The Best Smoky Mountain Activity
- See Scenic Gatlinburg: Roll through charming and lively Gatlinburg in a custom, open-air Pink Jeep®
- Enjoy a Small Group Experience: Go where tour buses can’t go—on an intimate tour of Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail
- Panoramic Views: See beautiful vistas from mountain outlooks
- Educational: Learn of history, geology, flora and fauna from one of our Certified Interpretive tour guides
- Roaring Waters: Travel what seems like an arm’s length from the roaring stream that tumbles down the mountain
- Take Lots of Pictures: Make this a photo tour with stops at natural waterfalls and along swiftly rolling streams
- Historical: See historic log cabins, mills and other structures from the pioneer days
- End with a 4x4 Adventure: Be thrilled in an exciting four-wheel drive off-roading ride in a classic Pink Jeep driven by your expertly-trained Pink Jeep guide
- Certified, Local Tour Guides: Our Certified Interpretive Guides are local experts, with extensive safety-training
Children must be 2 years. Ages 2 to 12 yrs qualify for child pricing.
First you'll depart from our convenient Pigeon Forge, TN, location. Your adventure begins when your tour guide brings charming Gatlinburg’s story to life. You’ll take in the sights of the shops and attractions from your seat in a custom-built, open-air Pink Jeep Wrangler.
With your hands on your camera and your guide’s hands on the steering wheel, you’ll head toward a road where tour buses can’t go. The heavily forested Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail is a single-lane road. The open-air Jeep® ride beneath the canopy of trees ignites your senses. The climb rewards you with viewpoints from high above.
Along the way you’ll learn of the hardwood forest in the Smoky Mountains. A narrow, paved path through chestnut oak, white oak, magnolia, maple and tulip trees take you to the pinnacle, where stops at overlooks give you striking views.
From here, you’ll begin your descent. Historic structures dot the road’s edges. This was the American Frontier in the 1830s and 1840s. Log cabins and mills remain and your Pink guide will tell you their stories.
The sound of a stream catches your attention. As your Jeep descends the winding road, the stream builds. Soon, cliff-hugging waterfalls and rolling Waters become unspoiled stops for remarkable photo opportunities.
From Roaring Fork, it’s one last pass through Gatlinburg on way to a thrilling off-roading ride through a trail on private land. Your professional Pink Jeep guide has been expertly trained to give you an experience unlike any other in the Great Smoky Mountains—an adventure that you will share with loved ones.
VIDEO & PHOTO GALLERY
Following are real guest reviews, voluntarily submitted and unedited.
It was good. The directions to get there were terrible though and honestly I felt it was a little expensive. Not sure if I would do it again.
It was nice, with just enough stops. Mike was fun and attentive.
Very fun, informative and our guide WAS AWESOME!
Ms Starr was very professional and colloquial (folksy) at the same. We were very fortunate that at the time of our tour, the rhododendron was in full bloom, but I had to mention it towards the end of tour, when prompted, tour guide was extremely knowledgeable! Also Ms Starr very helpful as a member of our party left their keys in Pink Jeep registration waiting room! All in all, made it a wonderful trip! Do you have discounts for our referral? Thx..
It was great!!!! Julie was the best!!!!
Our tour was great. We loved Penny. She did a great job sharing information, making it fun and also personal to our group. We loved her fun picture ideas and also her knowledge about the area. We will definitely do another pink keep tour!
Very fun. Good information but not information overload
Would recommend to anyone, very well thought out to the equipment to the knowledge required of the guide.
Tour was a great mix between sightseeing, educational, fun, and off-roading!!
Isaac , 2022
The tour is a great experience the tour guides always keep you in the loop of things and overall a very fun experience
Please Note: All tours are subject to our Terms of Sale which can be found here. Subject to our Terms of Sale, our tours operate rain or shine, provided the roads are open. In the event of severe weather, Pink Adventure Tours reserves the right to alter, modify, or cancel any tour due to unsafe conditions. Any tour cancelled by Pink Adventure Tours due to unsafe conditions will receive a 100% refund.