Our Tour Guides work in a dynamic tourist environment focused on customer satisfaction. A guide provides a fun, informative tour. They provide for the comfort and safety of the customer while delivering information on natural and cultural resources in a meaningful way. They are safety minded, inspecting and operating their Jeeps on the highways and Forest Service roads in compliance with all Laws, Regulations, and Company Policies and Procedures.
- Able to perform the following Guide fundamentals in a satisfactory manner:
- Conducts tours in an engaging and professional manner
- Skilled driving on and off road
- General understanding of our permits and operating plan
- General understanding/working knowledge of tour scheduling and tour rotation
- Reads and follows manifest to insure tour type and accuracy
- Presents information on all tours: Local history, geology, USFS, plants and animals
- Assists customers in and out of the jeep and demonstrates concern for their safety.
- Reviews/Refreshes knowledge from training and pursues ongoing learning and education
- Professional and effective communication across departments to insure maximum tour efficiency.
- Displays a positive, friendly and professional attitude in all interactions with customers, fellow employees, citizens, competitors, hotel/resort staff, and management.
- Maintains an average to above average attendance record.
- Respects and follows company policies and procedures.
- Takes constructive feedback in a respectful manner and applies it.
- Is available to work up to 12 hours/day with up to 10 hours of tour time.
- Consistently and carefully inspects, operates, and cleans their Jeeps – repetitive motion involves: climbing in and out of the jeep, reaching overhead and across at chest level.
- Maintain efficient, daily contact and adequate radio communicationwith the reservation staff to assure timely tour departures and accurate Jeep assignments.
- Safely operates the Jeep through challenging city traffic, varied Forest Service terrain, in all types of weather conditions, while crafting entertaining and informative tours.
- Internal and External Customer satisfaction: Pink Listens, comments/feedback.
- Reliability/availability – good attendance record, willing to work extra shifts during peak times
- Quality of tour: driving skills, knowledge of the resources, fun.
- Safety – follows all SMITH guidelines and has a good safety record.
- Ongoing educational pursuits to enhance interpretive and informational skills.
QUALIFICATIONS & ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must 25 years of age or older with an excellent driving record
- Must pass a DOT physical
- Effective communication skills: energetic, outgoing, entertaining speaker.
- Team player that is self-motivated and takes initiative.
- Good judgment and problem solving skills.
- Outdoor enthusiast with an interest in flora, fauna, history, archaeology, and geology.
- Able to endure weather extremes in a physical-oriented job.
- Defensive driving skills and a drivers license clear of major moving violations.
- Frequent bouncing up and down in the driver’s seat as a result of driving on rugged trails, washboard gravel roads, and climbing up and over rocks – for up to 10 hrs/day. (Ruggedness varies by location). Grand Canyon Tour Guides do mostly pavement tours.
- Able to walk on dirt trails, uneven ground, and rock formations to point out scenic views and rock structures. Able to conduct hiking tours.
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly to provide quality customer service.
- CPR/First Aid certified and so should be able to remain calm and effective when dealing with medical emergencies encountered.
As the Senior Director of Marketing & Sales you will collaborate with President of Pink Adventure Tours and the Herschend Corporate marketing team in the development of strategies and initiatives that drive all Pink Jeep locations tour revenue, for the direct & indirect channels. This position will be responsible for the coordination and execution of the developed strategy and initiatives using the resources between the Pink Adventures team and Herschend Corporate marketing team.
Leadership qualities are required.
- Actively participates in Pink Adventure Tours leadership team and makes a positive contribution to the strategic direction, people development and overall culture of the company.
- Manage Internal Marketing Services Job Request, prioritizing projects for the creative team in Atlanta & PAT, and coding projects to appropriate departments.
- Responsible for overall people management of the PAT marketing & sales team including hiring, performance management, professional skills development, and career progression. Continually evaluate, coach, and develop all talent to ensure a high-performing team. Up to 5 direct reports.
- Liaison to Operations for marketing messaging accuracy.
- Work with Herschend Corporate marketing team to implement traditional advertising, marketing and promotional campaigns.
- Develop public relations and social media strategies and develop and execute tactics. Monitor and manage public relations initiatives and facilitate and discover and secure earned-media opportunities.
- Work with the Herschend Corporate digital team the development and maintain content editorial, promotional and social media calendars, and implement.
- Assist in launching a formalized community relations template / program that is scalable across all markets.
- Manages in-market promotional activation.
- Assist in Managing procurement of production services, such as print and signage, and talent acquisition as needed.
- Annually coordinate the development of the Indirect sales plans and initiative to achieve the company tour revenue goals on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Monthly / Quarterly review Indirect sales plans results and adjust accordingly.>
- closely with the team to ensure the success of new product launches, promotions, channel and partner programs.
- Develop / Monitor quality and consistency of all indirect sales processes and activities in CRM system.
- Develop, manage and nurture business partnerships essential in achieving long-term strategy. Participate in closing strategic opportunities as needed.
- Five+ years agency and/or marketing department experience managing work and project flow.
- Experience in public relations and social media strategy and execution.
- Diplomatic and productive people management skills, verbal and written communication abilities, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized, deadline driven and able to break a project down to necessary steps in order to delegate effectively and to meet goals.
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Windows, Outlook, Word, Access, Excel) and Internet applications. Ability to make good use of web tools and in-house technical resources. Have initiative in seeking technological solutions, including production-based aids. A basic working knowledge of Adobe suite a plus, promotional and technical writing skills.
- College Degree preferred.
- Availability to work a minimum of 40 hours with occasional nights and weekend required. Occasional travel required.