DEPARTS Sedona, AZ
Arizona Cliff Dwellings Near Sedona
- Honanki Heritage Site: Hear the myths and legends around 700-year-old Sedona cliff dwellings built by the Sinagua people
- Archaeology: View painted pictographs and carved petroglyphs
- Culture: Learn how the Sinagua thrived through farming and trading
- Moderate Hike: Walk beneath a cliff side overhang where early Arizona inhabitants lived, worked and thrived
- Incredible Views: Ride in a custom-built Pink Jeep® Wrangler, designed to give you unobstructed views
This unique, archaeological tour offers an up-close look at Sedona cliff dwellings and a time when the Sinagua people called this area home.
Little is known about the customs of the Sinagua, who occupied the site for an estimated 200 years between A.D. 1150 and 1350. Painted pictographs, carved petroglyphs and ancient artifacts offer a glimpse into their lifestyle.
During your visit, you’ll see the 700-year-old cliff dwellings that were used for living spaces and community gatherings. You will learn about the Sinagua’s high desert farming techniques, far-reaching trade system and theories as to why they mysteriously vanished.
On the way to and from the Honanki Heritage Site, you will travel through the city of Sedona where your guide will point out world-famous landmarks and red rock formations.
Know Before You Go
- One-third of the journey to the heritage site occurs on a dirt road with potential bumps and potholes.
- Viewing the ruins requires a three-quarter mile walk along an uneven dirt path.
- Comfortable, closed-toe walking shoes are recommended.
- No children under 2 are permitted on this tour.
- Pets are not allowed beyond the parking lot at this national heritage site. Please ask about accommodation for service animals prior to taking the tour.
VIDEO & PHOTO GALLERY
Following are real guest reviews, voluntarily submitted and unedited.
It was fabu
Amazing! Everything was great thanks to Stew! He really knew what he was talking about, he was confident in what he was saying. He was funny, and patient with the group when we were trying to keep up with him. He offered to take pictures for us. He offered us fresh cold water. What an amazing job! Thank you Stew!
Our tour guide was very knowledgeable and interacted very well with our group. Great our guide! You can’t appreciate the mountain range from the freeway,. It’s not until you stand underneath one of these rocks and realize the beauty of Sedona. Can’t wait to hit the other three tours when we come back to visit Sedona.
The Honanki site was gorgeous and so full of stories, and our tour guide Chris made an already great tour an excellent one!
The tour was great!
Lucien was excellent. He was friendly, knowledgeable went out of his way to accommodate us.
Renee was amazing. Knowledgeable, personable, funny. She made the trip an incredible adventure. We loved it!
So much fun!!
It was fabulous! Better than expected and we lucked out with cooler weather that morning. It might have been uncomfortable with the heat any other day this week. It was amazing to see the ruins and learn the history. Chris was wonderful at guiding us on this tour!
Please Note: All tours are subject to our Terms of Sale which can be found here. Subject to our Terms of Sale, our tours operate rain or shine, provided the roads are open. In the event of severe weather, Pink Adventure Tours reserves the right to alter, modify, or cancel any tour due to unsafe conditions. Any tour cancelled by Pink Adventure Tours due to unsafe conditions will receive a 100% refund.