DEPARTS Sedona, AZ
Arizona Cliff Dwellings Near Sedona
- Honanki Heritage Site: Hear the myths and legends around 700-year-old Sedona cliff dwellings built by the Sinagua people
- Archaeology: View painted pictographs and carved petroglyphs
- Culture: Learn how the Sinagua thrived through farming and trading
- Moderate Hike: Walk beneath a cliff side overhang where early Arizona inhabitants lived, worked and thrived
- Incredible Views: Ride in a custom-built Pink Jeep® Wrangler, designed to give you unobstructed views
This unique, archaeological tour offers an up-close look at Sedona cliff dwellings and a time when the Sinagua people called this area home.
Little is known about the customs of the Sinagua, who occupied the site for an estimated 200 years between A.D. 1150 and 1350. Painted pictographs, carved petroglyphs and ancient artifacts offer a glimpse into their lifestyle.
During your visit, you’ll see the 700-year-old cliff dwellings that were used for living spaces and community gatherings. You will learn about the Sinagua’s high desert farming techniques, far-reaching trade system and theories as to why they mysteriously vanished.
On the way to and from the Honanki Heritage Site, you will travel through the city of Sedona where your guide will point out world-famous landmarks and red rock formations.
Know Before You Go
- One-third of the journey to the heritage site occurs on a dirt road with potential bumps and potholes.
- Viewing the ruins requires a three-quarter mile walk along an uneven dirt path.
- Comfortable, closed-toe walking shoes are recommended.
- No children under 2 are permitted on this tour.
- Pets are not allowed beyond the parking lot at this national heritage site. Please ask about accommodation for service animals prior to taking the tour.
VIDEO & PHOTO GALLERY
Following are real guest reviews, voluntarily submitted and unedited.
Really enjoyed tour, tour guide (Joe) was outstanding!!
the tour was great! We were the only 2 guests - my friend and I. Scott was a very skilled driver and informative tour guide. a great day, Broken Arrow is next!! (I have done that one, too!!)
Our guide, Michelle, was amazing. She was so knowledgeable, talking about geology, anthropology, the flora and fauna, and cultures of the area. The ancient ruins we saw were amazing as well. The best outdoor classroom and adventure ever! Thanks!
Our tour guide, Kyle, was terrific. Very engaging and wonderful with our grandchildren. Lots of knowledge of the ruins. Safe driver.
Fun and informative!
Tour was fine......our weather was cold and windy, which was not the tour's fault.
Overall educational and interesting
Loved the tour - Our guide was terrific! I have booked Pink Jeep many times over the years for my company, but I have never done the actual tour. We enjoyed it so much. I enjoyed learning about the ancient ruins walking around and seeing the rocks and housing/arbnb. Just a fun experience
Ree Ree was great and informative! She did a wonderful job with pictures too!
Please Note: All tours are subject to our Terms of Sale which can be found here. Subject to our Terms of Sale, our tours operate rain or shine, provided the roads are open. In the event of severe weather, Pink Adventure Tours reserves the right to alter, modify, or cancel any tour due to unsafe conditions. Any tour cancelled by Pink Adventure Tours due to unsafe conditions will receive a 100% refund.