DEPARTS Sedona, AZ
Arizona Cliff Dwellings Near Sedona
- Honanki Heritage Site: Hear the myths and legends around 700-year-old Sedona cliff dwellings built by the Sinagua people
- Archaeology: View painted pictographs and carved petroglyphs
- Culture: Learn how the Sinagua thrived through farming and trading
- Moderate Hike: Walk beneath a cliff side overhang where early Arizona inhabitants lived, worked and thrived
- Incredible Views: Ride in a custom-built Pink Jeep® Wrangler, designed to give you unobstructed views
This unique, archaeological tour offers an up-close look at Sedona cliff dwellings and a time when the Sinagua people called this area home.
Little is known about the customs of the Sinagua, who occupied the site for an estimated 200 years between A.D. 1150 and 1350. Painted pictographs, carved petroglyphs and ancient artifacts offer a glimpse into their lifestyle.
During your visit, you’ll see the 700-year-old cliff dwellings that were used for living spaces and community gatherings. You will learn about the Sinagua’s high desert farming techniques, far-reaching trade system and theories as to why they mysteriously vanished.
On the way to and from the Honanki Heritage Site, you will travel through the city of Sedona where your guide will point out world-famous landmarks and red rock formations.
Know Before You Go
- No children under 2 are permitted on this tour.
- One-third of the journey to the heritage site occurs on a dirt road with potential bumps and potholes.
- Viewing the ruins requires a three-quarter mile walk along an uneven dirt path.
- Not recommended for guests with mobility issues or those who are pregnant.
- Comfortable, closed-toe walking shoes are recommended.
- Pets are not allowed beyond the parking lot at this national heritage site. Please ask about accommodation for service animals prior to taking the tour.
VIDEO & PHOTO GALLERY
Following are real guest reviews, voluntarily submitted and unedited.
Tour was very interesting and fun - we enjoyed talking with Spencer about the history of the area and its peoples. We also really enjoyed learning about the local plants and wildlife.
Great fun. Can’t wait to come back and take another tour
Tour was great for kids, they enjoyed learning about the ruins and seeing first hand.
It was just perfect. We were looking for something with a little history, a little walk and fun. It hit all the touch points. Andy was the best. From when he first called our name until the end of the tour. The best! I hope when back in the Sedona are we can request for him as our guide.
Interesting, informative, and exciting
Patty & Mike, 2024
Thoroughly enjoyed it. Have already recommended it people. Will do it again.
Enjoyable and informative
Wonderful info, entertainment and scenery! Fun fun fun!
I enjoyed learning about the history of Sedona and about the Ancient Ruins. Beautiful scenery on the ride and at the site. My first tour and it was fun.
Exactly what we expected.
Please Note: All tours are subject to our Terms of Sale which can be found here. Subject to our Terms of Sale, our tours operate rain or shine, provided the roads are open. In the event of severe weather, Pink Adventure Tours reserves the right to alter, modify, or cancel any tour due to unsafe conditions. Any tour cancelled by Pink Adventure Tours due to unsafe conditions will receive a 100% refund.