DEPARTS Sedona, AZ
Arizona Cliff Dwellings Near Sedona
- Honanki Heritage Site: Hear the myths and legends around 700-year-old Sedona cliff dwellings built by the Sinagua people
- Archaeology: View painted pictographs and carved petroglyphs
- Culture: Learn how the Sinagua thrived through farming and trading
- Moderate Hike: Walk beneath a cliff side overhang where early Arizona inhabitants lived, worked and thrived
- Incredible Views: Ride in a custom-built Pink Jeep® Wrangler, designed to give you unobstructed views
This unique, archaeological tour offers an up-close look at Sedona cliff dwellings and a time when the Sinagua people called this area home.
Little is known about the customs of the Sinagua, who occupied the site for an estimated 200 years between A.D. 1150 and 1350. Painted pictographs, carved petroglyphs and ancient artifacts offer a glimpse into their lifestyle.
During your visit, you’ll see the 700-year-old cliff dwellings that were used for living spaces and community gatherings. You will learn about the Sinagua’s high desert farming techniques, far-reaching trade system and theories as to why they mysteriously vanished.
On the way to and from the Honanki Heritage Site, you will travel through the city of Sedona where your guide will point out world-famous landmarks and red rock formations.
Know Before You Go
- One-third of the journey to the heritage site occurs on a dirt road with potential bumps and potholes.
- Viewing the ruins requires a three-quarter mile walk along an uneven dirt path.
- Comfortable, closed-toe walking shoes are recommended.
- No children under 2 are permitted on this tour.
- Pets are not allowed beyond the parking lot at this national heritage site. Please ask about accommodation for service animals prior to taking the tour.
VIDEO & PHOTO GALLERY
Following are real guest reviews, voluntarily submitted and unedited.
The tour itself was amazing. Phillips was great and knowledgeable. He was very thoughtful as I have a medical condition and kept his eyes on me to make sure I could keep up. Overall, I would HIGHLY recommend Pink Jeep and Phillip!
Tour to Ancient Ruins was fun and informative. Tour guide was very knowledgable about Sedona, the area intothe ruins, and the history of the ruins. He also spent time talking about the plants and trees of the sonora desert as we walked along the trial Highly Recommended !!!
Everything was great.
Had great time. Guide was very entertaining
The tour was great. Joe was very friendly and knowledgeable. He was extremely helpful in offering of suggestions of other things to see during our stay in Sedona. He was also very fun, took lots of creative photos that will be very memorable for us down the line. The ruins were super cool to see. It was great to get close to the Cliffside and see the petroglyphs without binoculars.
The tour was awesome! Our guide Vince was fun and so knowledgeable about the ruins and the area. So easy to talk to and ask questions. Very entertaining!
Ree Ree is a great host! We loved the microphone and speakers during the ride. She was very knowledgeable and very fun.
It was exciting and informative.
Our guide was great! Highly entertaining and informative.
Please Note: All tours are subject to our Terms of Sale which can be found here. Subject to our Terms of Sale, our tours operate rain or shine, provided the roads are open. In the event of severe weather, Pink Adventure Tours reserves the right to alter, modify, or cancel any tour due to unsafe conditions. Any tour cancelled by Pink Adventure Tours due to unsafe conditions will receive a 100% refund.