Scenic Rim 1.5
DEPARTS Sedona, AZ
A Rugged Introduction to Sedona’s Backcountry
- Enjoy an adventurous ride on rocky, rugged trails with steep cliffs and hairpin turns
- Discover Schnebly Hill Road, one of the most scenic drives in Arizona
- Take in some of the most spectacular views Sedona’s backcountry has to offer
- Enjoy plenty of photo ops with red-rock formations and beautiful sandstone cliffs
- Learn about the history of Arizona’s original wagon trails from your guide
- Have an unforgettable rugged adventure with canyons, washes, cliffs and high-desert trails
As the perfect introduction to Sedona’s red rock trails, the Scenic Rim Tour is 90 minutes of winding, unpaved and bumpy back roads. Hold on tight during this adventurous journey. Pink Jeep® Tours will give you a ride to remember in one of the most incredible settings on Earth.
Your Certified Interpretive Guide will greet you at the Pink Jeep® Tour Plaza before inviting you to hop into a custom-built, open-air Pink Jeep® Wrangler. Head up Schnebly Hill Road to marvel at its towering red-rock formations and picture-postcard views.
Hairpin turns, steep cliffs and blind curves await as your Jeep® Wrangle climbs 2,000 feet through canyons and washes. You’ll also see Munds Wagon Trail, a main “highway” between Sedona and Flagstaff that was completed in 1902. It was one of the state’s first and most popular cattle trails. The Mogollon Rim rises above you, while the city of Sedona sits below. Photo ops are plentiful on this tour, with many chances to use Arizona’s most stunning scenery as your backdrop.
If you’re ready to take on Sedona’s rugged backcountry and see some of the Southwest’s most spectacular views, the introductory Scenic Rim Tour is right for you.
Know Before You Go
- Children under 5 are not permitted on this tour
- Rugged 4X4 adventure tour traversing rocks, ruts and roots
- Unmaintained primitive dirt road; very bumpy and bouncy
- Walking on uneven terrain; short hike to Cowpies or Merry-Go-Ground Rock
- Not recommended for pregnant guests or those who have a fear of heights
- Not recommended for guests who prefer a mild experience
- Guests with limited mobility can stay in vehicle at stops and still enjoy excellent views
VIDEO & PHOTO GALLERY
Following are real guest reviews, voluntarily submitted and unedited.
The tour was very good, and our guide, Cliff Hanna, was outstanding. Cliff made our day a success after our original trip was canceled.
This tour was fantastic, and I highly recommend it to others!
The tour was great because of our tour guide. It was fun and we learned a lot! He was able to answer all of our questions too!
Fun and educational
It was fine overall.
Being our first time in Sedona we did the 1.5 hour rim experience and loved our tour and especially our tour guide, Sean. Sedona is stunning and getting to see things up close and personal was amazing. Sean was extremely friendly and knowledgeable. He really made our experience one to remember. He even recommended a fantastic place to have lunch (The Vault)! We will definitely be back and would love to try the Broken Arrow tour!
It was great and super fun, also educational
Felt a little cheated by the description on the website vs the actual experience
Please Note: All tours are subject to our Terms of Sale which can be found here. Subject to our Terms of Sale, our tours operate rain or shine, provided the roads are open. In the event of severe weather, Pink Adventure Tours reserves the right to alter, modify, or cancel any tour due to unsafe conditions. Any tour cancelled by Pink Adventure Tours due to unsafe conditions will receive a 100% refund.