Scenic Rim 2.5
DEPARTS Sedona, AZ
Sedona’s Most Rugged Tour Of The Rim
Exposed rock and bumpiness for 90% of the ride.
- Enjoy an adventurous ride with rocky and rugged trails, sheer cliffs and twisting paths
- Take in extraordinary views during a 2.5-hour trip through Arizona’s scenic terrain
- See Merry-Go-Round Rock and the Cow Pies, distinctive rocks featured in many Westerns
- Get up close to Sedona's sandstone formations and walk on slick rock
- Find out about Schnebly Hill Road and the homesteading family it’s named after
- Learn about the geology, desert landscape and wildlife, and colorful Sedona legends
Experience views that will leave you breathless during our most popular, two-and-a-half-hour version of the Scenic Rim Tour. You’ll climb high in elevation on bumpy, rocky terrain and see wild backcountry scenes, all while our local guide ensures that you won’t miss a thing.
Step into a custom-built, open-air Pink Jeep® Wrangler at the Pink Jeep Tour Plaza in Uptown Sedona. Then you’ll head toward Schnebly Hill Road’s towering red rock formations and picturesque views. Your Jeep vehicle will climb through winding canyons and over rocky trails, with your expertly trained Certified Interpretive Guide at the wheel.
Travel past the circular Merry-Go-Round Rock and aptly named Cow Pies, making a stop to get out and walk on the slick rock. This area of Red Rock Country saw a lot of action during Sedona's movie heydey. The Cow Pies are visible in "Angel and the Badman" (1947), "Broken Arrow" (1950) and Elvis' "Stay Away, Joe" (1968) to name a few.
Schnebly Hill Road loosely follows Munds Wagon Trail, the original route between Sedona and Flagstaff. Completed in 1902, it was one of the state’s first cattle trails. Photo ops are plentiful and feature some of Arizona’s most stunning scenery. You'll be surrounded by red rocks with beautiful views of Bear Wallow Canyon towards Sedona, the Mogollon Rim to the east, and Mingus Mountain and Jerome to the west.
This Scenic Rim Tour will leave you with lasting memories and offers a great introduction to Sedona with Pink Jeep Tours.
Know Before You Go
- Children under 5 are not permitted on this tour
- Rugged 4X4 adventure tour traversing rocks, ruts and roots
- Unmaintained primitive dirt road; very bumpy and bouncy
- Walking on uneven terrain; short hike to Cowpies or Merry-Go-Ground Rock
- Not recommended for pregnant guests or those who have a fear of heights
- Not recommended for guests who prefer a mild experience
- Guests with limited mobility may choose to stay in vehicle at stops and still enjoy excellent views
VIDEO & PHOTO GALLERY
Following are real guest reviews, voluntarily submitted and unedited.
It was great! Our tour guide, Spencer, was fantastic, very knowledgeable and personable. He was also a great photographer! The tour was very fun and the views were beautiful!
The tour was incredible. It was breathtaking to see Sedona this way and our guide made this adventure the best! He felt like family and was so knowledgeable and fun! Justin is exactly who you want leading these adventures!
The tour was exactly as described. Everyone from the host in the meeting areas to our guide. Sean was an excellent guide
This was my first tour with any company, so I could not really compare. Our jeep broke down and we waited an hour for our rescue jeep. It was fine though because we had no other plan and Skyler was great with our group and we got to know each other better. The breakdown was not Skyler’s fault and he did great to keep us safe and entertained.
It was great. Beautiful and we had a fun experience and got lots of pictures.
I absolutely loved our tour! We did the 2.5hr Scenic Rim tour and it was the perfect amount of time on the trail, had the right amount of thrill to enjoy the bumpy ride without ever feeling unsafe, and our tour guide, Cliff, provided engaging, educational, and entertaining stories throughout. I loved learning about the history of Sedona and the pink jeep tours, as well as learning about the geography that created the landscape and the plants and animals that make it up! My favorite tour from my AZ trip, by far! Cliff was an exceptional tour guide, he made the entire trip!!!
Fun, informative, beautiful!
The tour was amazing. The bumpy ride to the top was so much fun and the views were incredible.
Please Note: All tours are subject to our Terms of Sale which can be found here. Subject to our Terms of Sale, our tours operate rain or shine, provided the roads are open. In the event of severe weather, Pink Adventure Tours reserves the right to alter, modify, or cancel any tour due to unsafe conditions. Any tour cancelled by Pink Adventure Tours due to unsafe conditions will receive a 100% refund.